In this guide, I will take you through the installation instructions for Youtube TV on Firestick. This method will also work for the Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, FireStick 4k, and the Fire TV Edition Smart TVs.
Back in 2017, YouTube soft-launched its OTT television service YouTube TV in selected US markets. Soon they picked up on other regions as well, which now covers 98% of the US households.
YouTube’s experience in content delivery gives them a significant edge over other live TV streaming services. They have worked with several major American television networks, including ABC, AMC, NBC, CBS, TBS, PBS, TNT, FOX, ESPN, and many more.
If you are trying to make a transition from your expensive cable TV service to a digital streaming service, then YouTube TV is the best for you. It offers over 70+ channels in up to 1080p resolution, and you can watch all the TV shows, news, and sports live as you would do on a standard cable connection. It even covers local and regional channels based on your location.
YouTube TV also offers on-demand content for movies and shows that are currently being broadcasted on the channels. It isn’t the best on-demand service but is enough to fulfill your requirements.
The user interface is one thing where YouTube TV stands out in the crowd. If you have previously used the YouTube app to catch up on your favorite content creators, you will get used to the YouTube TV interface in no time. It pretty much has the same UI, stacked with recommendations, tags, categories, and more.
YouTube TV is the only live TV streaming service that gives users unlimited cloud DVR storage for recording channels. You can fast-forward through ads, as well as keep the recordings stored for nine months.
For $49.99/month, YouTube TV is a stellar choice for cord-cutters, and users can share their membership with five other accounts (three simultaneous streams). Monthly add-on entertainment and sports packs are also available, such as SHOWTIME ($7), Starz ($9), FOX Soccer Plus ($15), and NBA League Pass ($40).
If you use an Amazon Firestick with your TV, then installing the YouTube TV app on Firestick will give you access to almost all the channels you watch. For beginners, we have prepared an installation guide in this article, and also additional information on how to use it.
Features of Youtube TV App
- YouTube TV covers 70+ channels, including ABC, CNN, FOX, AMC, Cartoon Network, Disney, ESPN, Discovery, Nat Geo, etc.
- With cloud-based DVR, users can record their favorite shows and sports without any limitations.
- On-demand movies and TV shows from partner channels are available on YouTube TV.
- It has a great user interface, which is very similar to what you find on YouTube.
- There are no hidden charges or contracts associated with the subscription. Users can cancel the service anytime they want.
How to Install Youtube TV on Firestick
After a long-standing feud between Amazon and Google, they finally settled on an agreement last year to bring their services to each other’s platforms. Since YouTube TV is now officially available for Fire TV devices, users can install youtube tv on fire tv from the Amazon App Store.
- First, select the Search icon on the top-left corner of the Fire TV home screen.
- On the search page, type in “YouTube TV” using the on-screen keyboard. Then select YouTube TV App from the instant suggestions.
- Click the YouTube TV icon under the Apps & Games
- Now click Get and wait until YouTube TV gets installed on your Firestick.
After the installation finishes, you can go back to the Fire TV home screen and launch the YouTube TV app from Your Apps & Channels section.
How to Sign In to YouTube TV
Now that you have installed the YouTube TV app on your Firestick, let’s proceed to the sign-in process. But first, you have to sign up for a YouTube TV subscription. Here’s how:
- Visit youtube.com from a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
- Click the Try It Free button on the webpage.
- Log in to your Google account, assuming that you already have one.
- Now enter your U.S PIN code, and click Submit.
- If your area name shows up on the screen, then click Let’s Go.
- Now choose between the monthly or yearly plan. You can optionally select the add-ons to your plan as well. Click Next once you are done.
- You can now verify your payment method and purchase the plan.
Note: New subscribers get a 7-day free trial. If you cancel your subscription in that timeframe, you won’t be charged.
Now it’s time to sign in to the YouTube TV app on Firestick. Just follow the steps below.
- Launch the YouTube TV
- Click the Sign In button on the welcome page. A code will be generated for your login session.
- From another device, go to tv.youtube.com/start, enter the code displayed on the YouTube TV app, and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the login process.
Upon successfully logging in to YouTube TV, you will be introduced to the home screen of the app.
How to Use YouTube TV on Firestick
YouTube TV’s home screen layout is pretty simple to understand. There are three tabs on top of the home screen, which are Library, Home, and Live.
The Home tab is set to open by default. You get to explore recommendations, video clips related to the shows you watch, as well as continue watching an episode from right where you left it. The Library tab keeps your DVR recordings and favorites in a single place.
The Live tab opens up a list of all the channels in a program-guide layout. From here, you can check out currently broadcasted and upcoming programs, and switch between different channels.
The magnifying glass icon on the upper-right corner of the screen brings up the search menu, which you can use to find your favorite channels and TV shows.
YouTube TV is an exceptional live TV streaming service for cord-cutters. It delivers a solid selection of channels and unlimited DVR storage at an affordable price. This guide covers the installation process of YouTube TV on Firestick, including detailed instructions on the sign-in process.