In this article, I will explain how to install Pluto TV on Firestick. It should also work for other Fire TV products, which include the original pendant-style Fire TV box, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and soundbars.
Following the ultimate demise of cable TV services, a majority percentage of Americans have stepped forward to the age of streaming. Although over-the-air live TV streaming services provide better quality and more features compared to regular cable TV, many of us might run into budget constraints when trying to manage more than a single monthly subscription.
Digital live TV services are supposed to be a cheaper alternative for cable connection. Depending on your region, however, the price may vary for monthly or yearly subscriptions (excluding taxes), and so is the list of channels and features OTT live TV services offer.
This is one of the primary reasons why many people are forced to use illegitimate third-party sources for streaming live and on-demand content. Free streaming services do also exist, but with their usual tradeoffs. One of the many popular free streaming apps is called Pluto TV, and today we are going to show you how to install Pluto TV App on Firestick.
What is Pluto TV?
Pluto TV is a free live TV and on-demand streaming service in the US. With averaging more than 20 million active users, it goes toe to toe with premium services like Prime Video and Hulu in terms of viewership. Pluto TV currently offers more than 250 live TV channels. The video-on-demand library consists of 1000+ on-demand movies and TV shows from 170+ content partners.
The best thing about Pluto TV is that it doesn’t necessarily require users to sign up for an account. It is also free of subscriptions, which makes it an excellent choice for Firestick users who are limited on budget. However, the presence of in-app advertisements and mid-rolls is expected.
Why Pluto TV on Firestick?
For those who want to eliminate or reduce monthly charges with a monthly cable subscription, the firestick is the perfect solution. With a Firestick, you can download thousands of amazing apps. Many of them can easily be used to completely replace this signature. Applications like Pluto is fast turning cable television into an unnecessary service.
Features of Pluto TV
- It has 250+ live TV channels and a massive library of 1000+ on-demand content.
- The on-demand library is organized in hundreds of categories based on channels and genres.
- Pluto TV dynamically adjusts the stream quality based on your internet connection, so that you encounter less buffering without a noticeable drop in resolution.
- The user interface is straightforward, and the Fire TV port of Pluto TV is natively compatible with the Fire TV Voice Remote.
- Everything is free (ad-supported) to stream on Pluto TV, and it doesn’t encourage users to pay for a premium subscription.
How to Install Pluto TV on Firestick
Downloading and Installing Pluto TV for firestick is surprisingly easy. Pluto TV can be downloaded from the Amazon Appstore for Fire TV devices. It is a must-have app for Firestick users, and it currently holds the 6th rank in Amazon’s Top 10 Free in Apps & Games charts. Although it’s a simple process to install apps from the Amazon Appstore, new and inexperienced Firestick users should follow the steps below to install Pluto TV on firestick device.
- Expand the Search menu by highlighting the hand lens icon at the upper-left section of the Fire TV home screen.
- Next, type in “Pluto TV” in the search bar, then select Pluto TV from the list of keywords at the bottom part of the Search menu.
- After that, select and click the Pluto TV icon that shows up as the top result under the Apps & Games.
- Click Get / Download under Pluto TV’s description on the next page to install it on your Firestick.
Once Pluto TV is installed on your Firestick, press the Home button to return to the Fire TV home screen, scroll down to Your Apps & Channels section, then highlight and click to launch the app.
How to Activate Pluto TV on Firestick
Pluto TV doesn’t ask users to create an account for accessing its free services. However, you might want to create one for receiving personalized content recommendations on Pluto TV. Here’s how to do it:
- First, visit pluto.tv from your smartphone or PC.
- Click the profile icon on the top-right corner of the webpage, and click Sign Up – Free.
- Fill up the form with your first name, email, birth year, and password, then click Create Free Account. You can optionally sign in with your Google account as well.
- Now launch the Pluto TV app on Firestick and select Channel 02 from the guide. A six-digit code will be shown at the top of the screen.
- Visit pluto.tv/activate, enter the six-digit code, and sign in to your Pluto TV account.
That’s it! Pluto TV is now successfully activated on your Firestick. You can now enjoy streaming unlimited live TV channels and on-demand content on your TV.
Stream Safely – The Importance of Using a VPN
If you give importance to your online safety and privacy you can use VPN service. Why let service providers know what you are doing online? Live streaming service without a secure VPN will let the advertisers, hackers and Internet providers know about each step that you take online – what you do, which website you visit, which content you download, etc. Since some streaming services are in direct competition with those provided by your internet service provider. It is strongly recommended using a good VPN service like IPVanish before you start stream Pluto TV on Firestick.
Don’t Miss – How To Install Disney Plus App on Firestick
A Quick Look at Pluto TV’s New Interface
Pluto TV recently received a user interface overhaul, which introduces a linear approach to let users jump from one channel to another in their preferred category. The content is now sorted into two main categories: Live TV and On-Demand.
Similar to the redesigned channel guide, the on-demand interface has also gone through significant visual and functional changes. Users can now scroll through hundreds of organized categories, as well as preview synopsis and trailer in a PiP mode.
You will also find a list of favorites, where you can add your favorite channels and have quick access. However, the manual adjustment toggle for playback quality is still absent from the playback menu. But, you do get the option to enable closed captioning for your favorite content.
Fix Pluto TV’s Playback Errors on Firestick
A lot of Pluto TV users have encountered a common issue related to stream playback on Firestick. Here’s a simple way to fix it:
- Go to the Settings menu from the Fire TV home screen.
- Select Apps from the list of options, then click Manage All Applications.
- Scroll down until you find Pluto TV on the list, then click it to open up the advanced app info bar.
- Now click Clear Cache & Data option, then return to the Fire TV home screen.
You can now relaunch the Pluto TV on Firestick, and hopefully, the playback errors should be fixed. If not, then Pluto TV is probably experiencing an outage due to the current situation.
What Channels Can You Watch on Pluto TV?
The live TV channel catalog is rich with entertainment, news, movies, sports, comedy, kids, and music channels. Here’s a list of some of the most popular channels Pluto TV offers:
|Entertainment||MTV, VH1, BET, BET Her, Awesomeness TV, British TV, Complex, CMT, Fuse, Crime Network, ET Live|
|News||NBC News, CBSN, CNN, Bloomberg, Cheddar News, Sky News, RT America|
|Movies||Gravitas Movies, TV Spotlight, Pluto TV Movies, Classic Movies, Flicks of Fury, 80s Rewind|
|Sports||FOX Sports, NFL Channel, MLS, PGA Tour, Pluto TV Sports, Impact Wrestling, TYT Network, Glory Kickboxing, Fight, DAZN* (weekly series, not available yet)|
|Comedy||Comedy Central, Funny AF, Stand Up TV, Wild’n Out|
|Kids||Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. Pluto, Kids TV, Anime All Ages|
Pluto TV is a decent streaming service that offers live TV channels and on-demand content without asking users for a monthly or yearly fee. You can follow this guide to install the Pluto TV app on Firestick, as well as create an account and activate your device. In case you encounter playback errors, then you can apply the fix we have given in this guide.