In this article, I will explain how to install and Activate AT&T TV Now on Firestick. The step by step tutorial provided below will also work on Firestick 4k, Fire TV and Fire TV Cube.
A few years ago, AT&T acquired DirecTV and expanded its brand in the pay-television market of the United States. Due to the sudden surge in the cord-cutting revolution, AT&T didn’t quite get the chance to establish itself among the competitions.
Although AT&T did have existing live TV streaming services, they rebranded DirecTV’s former streaming service DirecTV NOW to AT&T TV NOW. With the addition of AT&T TV and AT&T Watch TV, the whole situation became extremely confusing for cord-cutters.
In a recent report from CNBC, it is speculated that the AT&T TV NOW service will eventually get merged with HBO MAX after it starts rolling out in the United States.
If you have recently bought a Firestick, you may wonder whether it is possible to watch AT&T TV on Firestick. This guide will clear your doubts and tell you more about the AT&T TV app on Firestick.
What is AT&T TV Now?
The AT&T TV app is a live TV streaming platform from the telecommunication giant AT&T. Alongside live TV channels, it gives you access to thousands of hours of on-demand movies and TV shows as well.
Whether it’s entertainment, movies, drama, events, sports, or kids’ content, you can watch everything on AT&T TV. With a select subscription, you also get Cloud DVR storage, which keeps your scheduled DVR recordings saved without the need for additional hardware.
You will require an AT&T TV cable subscription in order to utilize all the features of the AT&T TV app. If you have recently cut the cord, then you can get the AT&T TV NOW subscription, which starts from $65/month for 50+ channels.
How to Install AT&T TV on Firestick?
Since Fire TV devices officially support the AT&T TV app, it is nothing but a few steps to install it on your Firestick device. If it’s your first time installing an app on Firestick, you can follow the steps below.
- From your Fire TV home screen, use the Firestick remote to move up and highlight the magnifying glass icon. It indicates the Search
- Next, use the extended virtual keypad to type “AT&T TV” in the search field, then click the suggestion that shows up with the same name under the keypad.
- Now click the AT&T TV logo below the Apps & Games section on the results page.
- Click Get on the next page. The AT&T TV app should start downloading.
Once AT&T TV gets auto-installed on your Firestick, just hit the Home button on your Firestick remote to get back to the Fire TV home screen, then scroll down to the Your Apps & Channels section, and launch the app.
How to Activate The AT&T TV Now App?
If you don’t have an AT&T TV subscription, then you won’t be able to sign in with your television provider account. Instead, you can register for an AT&T TV NOW subscription and use your AT&T TV NOW account to sign in to the app. Here’s how to do it:
- From another device, open a web browser and go to www.atttvnow.com
- Click the Start Streaming button on the upper-right corner of the webpage.
- Now choose your preferred package and click Add below the package name. After that, scroll down click Continue.
- You can either add an add-on to your package or proceed directly to the account creation process. Whatever you do, you can continue to the next step by clicking the Create Account & Checkout below the page.
- Now enter your name and email address in the respective fields in the form. Make sure to use a unique User ID and password to keep your account safe. After you fill the form, agree to AT&T’s terms of service, enter the verification code, and click Continue.
You can now launch the AT&T TV app on your Firestick and sign in with your AT&T TV NOW account to enjoy live TV and on-demand content without cable.
- How to Install Sling TV on Firestick
- How to Install FuboTV on Firestick
- How to Watch Showtime on FireStick
Despite the nationwide launch of the hybrid AT&T TV cable and streaming service with its accompanying Android TV box, it may not appeal to the cord-cutters because of the pesky contracts. In general, a Firestick + AT&T TV app + AT&T TV NOW subscription combo is a much cheaper and reliable solution than the subscription contracts of AT&T TV.
This guide has step-by-step instructions to install and activate the AT&T TV app on Firestick. If you encounter any problems, then you can ask us for a solution in the comments below.