In this walkthrough, I will show you how to clear cache on firestick & Fire TV. The guide provided below will also valid for other amazon fire tv devices including firestick 4k, Fire Tv & Fire TV Cube.
The Amazon Firestick is one of the most popular devices on the planet. It is the complete stop for all your streaming needs. Moreover, it is priced at the lower end of the cost spectrum, making it accessible to people tight on a budget. Currently, more than 15000 different apps are available, and you can always sideload them as well. That way you can install pretty much everything you need.
Streaming apps like Kodi are the most used applications on the Firestick. These apps are free and offer functionality. However, with time, these do tend to slow down your system. Well, if you are experiencing such issues you have come to the right place. In this article, we will be listing out ways to clear Firestick cache and speed up your system.
What Exactly is the Firestick Cache?
Here, the term cache is similar to that on your PC. The cache consists of temporary files, that help in the loading of an application. Using applications like Kodi results in the gradual build-up of cache, which could impact the performance of the device. As a result, you need to clear the cache regularly to get the best out of your device. Here, we will be providing you with three simple ways to clear firestick cache.
Also, Check – Best Media Player For Firestick & Fire TV
Clear Cache on Firestick of Individual Apps – Method 1
- Launch the Firestick device and head over to the main menu.
- Visit the Settings option.
- Choose Applications and then click the Manage Installed Applications option.
- The complete list of installed apps will be displayed on the screen. Choose one, for example, Cinema HD and you can see relevant information such as file size, data storage, and size of the cache.
- Head down and choose the Clear Cache option. Thus all the temporary files related to that application will be cleared.
- If you want to remove the cache for another app, just choose it and tap on the Clear Cache button.
How to Clear Cache on Firestick – Method 2
This method is exclusively used for those apps which you don’t use regularly. You can free up some space on your firestick by performing this method. Without any further delay, let’s get started.
- Head over to Settings panel and choose Applications.
- Tap on the Manage installed Applications option.
- Select the app which you want to remove (For example – Sling TV)
- Click on Uninstall and remove the app.
How to Reset Firestick to Default Settings – Method 3
This is the method that we recommend. Here, you are restoring the default settings of the Firestick. As a result, the functionality of the device will improve. However, all the apps on your Firestick will be cleared. If you are experiencing severe issues on your device, this is the way to go. Else, if you just want to remove the only firestick cache, the previous methods will suffice.
- Visit the Settings option
- Click on My Fire TV.
- Tap About.
- Choose the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
- A warning message will be displayed on the screen. Tap Reset to start the reset process.
- Now, input your Amazon account credentials to complete the process.
It is very important to clear cache on firestick devices regularly, it will improve your device performance and you won’t get any buffering issue. In this article, we have listed out ways by which you can Clear Firestick Cache. For any queries, do not hesitate to contact us.