In this guide, we will show you the easiest way to install JioTV+ on Firestick. You won’t have to sideload the mobile version of JioTV on Firestick anymore, or the Mouse Toggle app to navigate through the app. The JioTV+ app is built from scratch for Android TV, and it also supports input from the Firestick remote.
When Reliance Jio rolled out nationwide in India, it captured the telecommunication market in a matter of days with its free unlimited call, SMS, and uncapped data pack for six months.
Not only that, but Jio also launched its OTT streaming service JioTV and JioCinema in 2016, which gives the Jio users access to hundreds of Indian live TV channels and on-demand content without any additional cost.
Although Jio soft-launched its JioTV app for Android TV devices in 2017, it was quickly dropped out in favor of Jio’s GigaFiber Android set-top boxes, which is still in the roll-out process from the fourth quarter of 2019.
The Jio STB is a hybrid streaming solution for Indian cord-cutters, which comes with preinstalled streaming services like Hotstar, Voot, Zee5, SunNXT, ALTBalaji, and many more. It also comes with the new JioTV+ app, which offers the same functionality as the JioTV app on Android mobile devices.
While the Jio STB seems to be a great deal, users are also required to pay for Jio’s new JioFiber broadband plans. However, existing Firestick users can also make use of the JioTV+ on their device. In case you are interested, you can follow this exclusive guide to install the JioTV+ app on Firestick.
Table of Contents
What is JioTV+?
The JioTV+ app comes bundled exclusively with the new Jio STB, which runs on a forked version of Android 7.0 Nougat. It offers more than 600+ Indian TV channels to Jio and JioFiber users, including 100+ channels in crispy HD quality for free.
Jio has partnered with several popular Indian OTT content providers for the live TV channels, which consists of Hotstar, Zee5, Voot, SonyLIV, and SunNXT. Although these services ask users to pay for a standalone subscription, Jio users can access premium content directly from the JioTV+ app, which redirects you to the designated streaming service.
Before we install JioTV+ on firestick, let me give you quick overview of Channels offer by JioTV. These are the channels JioTV+ offer to the users, but not limited to:
- Star: Star Plus, Star Bharat, Star Sports Select 1 HD, Star Sports Select 2 HD, Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1 Hindi, Star Sports 2, Star Maa, Star Vijay, Star Prabha, Star Utsav, Star Jalsha, Asianet Plus, Star Suvarna, Asianet, Maa Gold, Star Gold
- Sony: Sony Max HD, Sony Ten 3 HD, Sony Set HD, AXN, Sony Ten 2 HD, Sony Ten 1 HD, Sony Six HD, Sony Aath, Sony WAH, Animax HD
- Others: Colors HD, Colors Rishtey, Jio Bollywood Premium HD, Jio Football HD, MTV HD Plus, Comedy Central HD, Nick HD+, DD National, 9XM, B4U Music, Mastiii, MTV Beats HD, PTC Chak De, CNBC TV18 Prime HD, CNBC Awaaz, History TV18 HD, CNBC TV 18, E24, Colors Gujrati, Colors Marathi HD, ABP Ananda, ABP News, ABP Majha, FOX News, Sky News, Aaj Tak HD, etc.
Other than live TV channels, you get access to select premium movies, TV shows, and originals from the streaming services without the need to pay an extra buck. Jio and Hotstar are actively working together to bring more premium content to the masses.
Despite Jio’s requirements for an active Jio 4G or JioFiber internet connection, users can access the app from their existing broadband or cellular data.
Also, Check – How to Install Airtel TV on Firestick
How to Install JioTV+ on Firestick?
For your information, JioTV+ cannot be found officially on the Amazon app store. Therefore, to download it on your device, you have to use some sideloading apps like ES File Explorer or Downloader app. In this article, you’ll be provided with detailed procedures of sideloading Jio TV on your device. We are sharing two working methods to get Jio TV Plus APK on Firestick.
- Install Jio TV+ on Fire TV through Downloader App
- Install JioTV Plus on firestick through Es File Explorer
Steps to Install Jio TV+ on Firestick Using Downloader App – Method 1
The Jio STB runs on a custom version of Android OS, which unlocks a plethora of possibilities. Someone has managed to extract the JioTV+ APK file from the STB, and we can confirm that it works flawlessly with both Fire TV and Android TV devices. You can follow step-by-step instructions below to install the JioTV+ app on Firestick.
- First, highlight Settings from the tab group on top of the Fire TV home screen.
- Select and click My Fire TV / Device at the end of the Settings page.
- Now click Developer options and then Apps From Unknown Sources.
- Click Turn On again to enable third-party app sideloading on Firestick.
- Return to the Fire TV home screen, then highlight the Search icon in the upper-left corner.
- Next, type Downloader App in the search field and choose Downloader from the keyword suggestions.
- Select the Downloader app icon below the Apps & Games section on the following page.
- Click Get on the download page. The Amazon App Store will auto-install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
- After that, click Open to launch the app.
- Allow the app to access device storage, and click OK to close the update window prompt.
- On the Home section of the Downloader app, click the URL bar, and enter this link: https://bit.ly/2xMCYr5 (Hosted by APKMirror)
- Now click Go and wait for the JioTV+ APK file to finish downloading.
- The installer window should pop-up immediately after the download finishes. Proceed with clicking Install and wait until JioTV+ gets installed on your Firestick.
- Click Done to return to Downloader, and click Delete to remove the JioTV+ APK file to free up device storage.
You can now launch the JioTV+ app from your Fire TV home screen under Your Apps & Games section.
Note: Follow Step 5-8 to install Hotstar, Zee5, SunNXT, Voot, SonyLIV, and JioCinema app on your Firestick for the JioTV+ app to work correctly. If you already have them installed, you won’t have to follow this step.
Read – How to Install Oreo TV on Fire TV – The Best alternative of JioTV+
Guide to Install JioTV+ on Your Firestick Using ES File Explorer – Method 2
(Update: ES File Explorer is no longer available for free. Sideloading is now part of the Paid version.)
- Start your Amazon Firestick and go to the Home screen.
- Now, you’ll see a search bar here. Enter ES File Explorer in it and let the search begin.
- Open the ES File Explorer app icon and click on the Get button to start the downloading process.
- After completion of the download, launch the app to proceed.
- Now, open Tools option and then click on Download Manager.
- Tap on the +New option at the bottom and enter this URL in it https://bit.ly/2xMCYr5.
- Rename the field as Jio TV+ and click on the Download Now button in it.
- Then, click on the Open button and press the INSTALL button on the screen.
- After the completion of the installation process, launch the installed, app and enjoy the streaming.
How to Use JioTV+ on Firestick?
When you launch the JioTV+ app for the first time, you will be on the home screen of the app in no time. You don’t have to go through a lengthy first-time setup process.
The top bar above the JioTV+ home screen consists of five tabs (Watch Now, Movies, TV Shows, Kids, and Music), as well as a Search option. The tabs are split into dozens of small sections, but live TV channels are accessible only from the Watch Now tab. You can also search for your favorite channel, movie, TV show, or sports content using the Search option.
All of the content comes with a tag in the top-right corner of the thumbnail, which indicates the streaming service that you will be redirected to. Make sure to install the required streaming services on Firestick, or JioTV+ won’t be able to redirect you to the app.
When you try to watch something on JioTV+, you will be asked to log in to the app using either your Mobile OTP or JioID / Email.
Assuming that you have an active Jio SIM, you can go with the first option. Simply enter your Jio number, click Get OTP, enter the OTP in the respective field, and click Sign In.
There’s only one minor inconvenience with the app as of now. You will have to log in to the JioTV+ app every time you re-open the app. Although it’s a bit tedious, the next update to the JioTV+ app will hopefully fix this bug.
In this article, we have illustrated how to install JioTV+ on Firestick. The app can also be installed on Firestick 4k, Fire TV Cube Android TV & Android TV Box.
If this guide works for you, consider sharing it with other Firestick users as well. It encourages us to bring more exclusive app installation guides for Firestick users.
Don’t forget to comment on your views in the comment section below. Keep visiting firestickapps.org for more latest updates & news.