In this guide, I will take you through the installation instructions for Freeview on Firestick & Fire TV. This service is supported on a wide range of devices including firestick 4k & fire tv cube.
Freeview is a popular IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) service used for streaming online content. It was first launched as a DTV (Digital Terrestrial Television) service in 2002 and operated by BBC, ITV, Channel 4, and Sky. Freeview users get access to a huge library of movies, TV shows, and Live TV channels. If you are still paying for an expensive cable connection, now is the best time to switch to Freeview. Instead of paying for a package, you can pick up the channels that you actually care about and stream content of your choice. It is also possible to install Freeview on your existing streaming device. If you want to learn more about it, continue reading this article on how to install Freeview on Firestick.
Before we begin with the installation process of Freeview on Amazon Firestick, let’s take an overview and features of the Freeview service.
What is Freeview? (Overview & Features)
Freeview is an IPTV platform where you can enjoy the biggest shows live and on-demand content, easily accessible from a single place and for free. Freeview hosts over 70 TV channels, 15 HD channels, and 7 on-demand players. You will be able to watch your favorite programs from ITV Hub, All 4, BBC iPlayer, My5 alongside other live TV channels. The Freeview developers are constantly working with other TV companies to give users access to more content. The setup process is extremely easy and you can start watching as soon as you are done with it.
Features of Freeview on Firestick
- Freeview has over 70+ standard channels and up to 15 HD channels, giving you access over 95% of most-watched TV programs on Firestick.
- You can access on-demand TV from the TV guide. Either search or manually choose a show from the categories according to your taste.
- Currently, Freeview hosts catch-up streams from broadcasters such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Channel 4, My5, UKTV Play, CBS Catchup, Horror Bites.
- You have the option to pay for the channels that you watch, instead of paying for a full package.
- With Freeview on Firestick, you can watch almost all of the on-demand content and popular TV shows are accessible without paying for a monthly subscription.
How to Install Freeview on Firestick
If you currently own a Fire TV device, it is possible to watch Freeview on Firestick easily. But you will not find the app on the official Amazon App Store because of geo-restrictions. You can still install Freeview for Firestick using the sideloading process. Downloader app for Firestick is a useful app that will help you install third-party apps on your streaming device. If you want to learn how you can install Freeview on Firestick, follow the steps below:
- First, power on your Firestick device and wait for the Fire TV homepage to load up.
- You will see the Settings option in the upper section of the homepage. Use your remote to navigate through the user interface and select Settings.
- Now locate ‘Device’ or ‘My Fire TV’ in the Settings Click on it to open the Fire TV settings menu.
- After that, select Developer Options from the list of settings.
- Here, select ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ and toggle it on. You will get a warning message about the risks associated with sideloading third-party apps on your device. Click Turn On to enable third-party app sideloading on Firestick.
- After you are done, press the Home Button on the Firestick remote and return to the home screen.
You can now easily sideload the Freeview APK on your Firestick. Now without further delay let’s begin with the Freeview installation process:
- First, head over to the top section of the home screen.
- Move to the left corner and click on the Search icon using the directional keys on the remote.
- Type “Downloader app” in the search text field using the on-screen keyboard. The Alexa voice button on the Firestick remote can also be used to get the search results. Just hold the button and say, ‘Downloader app for Firestick’.
- From the search results, select the Downloader You will be redirected to the Amazon App Store. Click Get in the Downloader app preview to start downloading the app. It will automatically start installing once the download is completed.
- In the app download page, click ‘Open’ to launch the installed app. You will receive a system prompt asking whether you want to allow or deny Downloader to access media storage. Click Allow to proceed.
- You can skip the update notes by clicking OK. Select the Home tab from the left sidebar.
- In the URL field, type the following URL to download Freeview app for fire tv stick: https://tinyurl.com/yy5bqywp
- Click Go to start downloading the Freeview APK file.
- After the download is finished, the APK installer will open up. Go down and click Next to continue.
- Then click Install to start installing Freeview on Firestick.
- It may take a while to install the app. When the app is installed, click Done.
- When you return to the Downloader Click Delete to remove the Freeview APK file as you don’t need it anymore.
You can now launch the Freeview app by long-pressing the Home Button on the remote, clicking on Apps & Channels, and selecting the app from the list.
Note: The process applies to not only Firestick, but also the original Fire TV, Firestick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
Best Freeview Apps for Firestick
If you are in search of the best Freeview app for Firestick, you can try out these apps listed below:
Mobdro is a popular Freeview service that allows users to find video streams online and enjoy them on Firestick. The service is ad-free and it is also compatible with other Android devices. With Mobdro, you get access to a big library of movies, TV and web series, live TV channels on different IPTV hosts. The developers push updates on a regular basis and constantly add new content to the app. If you are a Kodi user, Mobdro is a must-have add-on for your streaming needs. You can easily download and integrate the add-on from the Bookmark Lite or Kodil repository on Kodi.
2. OLA TV
OLA TV is a Freeview app for Firestick that offers over 9000+ live TV channels, including the ones you like to watch. You can watch your favorite channels and TV shows at HD quality without signing up for any subscriptions. OLA TV is an Android app, so you can sideload it on Firestick without any hassle. The app user interface is simple and minimal and all of the content is organized properly in a list of categories. It does have Miracast support, so you can cast the content from your Android device to Firestick.
In this article, we have provided a detailed overview of the Freeview app and step-by-step instructions on installing it on Firestick. You can easily install Freeview and enjoy your favorite content on your Firestick device by following this guide on how to install Freeview on Firestick. If you are looking for the best Freeview apps for Firestick, we have listed it too in this article. Also, it should be mentioned that we do not verify the legality of the third-party apps mentioned here and not responsible for any damage to your device or loss of data that may result from installing it. Follow www.firestickapps.org for more updates & news.