NHL needs no introduction to hardcore hockey fans. But for those who don’t know, NHL (National Hockey League) is a North American professional ice hockey league. It is known as one of the major sports leagues in the US and Canada. For US residents, NHL is available to watch on NBC/NBCSN. Canadians can watch it on Sportsnet/TVA Sports. In case you use Firestick for your home streaming needs, you can install the NHL app on FireStick to watch live NHL, highlights, and radio broadcasts online. If you want to know more, continue reading this article on how to watch NHL on Firestick.
What is the NHL?
NHL is a pro ice hockey league and is one of the biggest sports leagues in NA. With the NHL app, you can watch over 1,000 national and out-of-market NHL games. Premium subscribers can enjoy live NHL stream on Firestick. Watching the upcoming 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs is possible too. You also have the ability to pause and rewind the game, so you never miss out on epic plays from your favorite teams. Post-game highlights are available, with sortable statistics and news updates. Detailed database on team scores, match schedules, and roasters is accessible via the NHL app. On-demand content is also within easy reach. In case you are subscribed to NHL.TV, you will get the NHL Premium membership for free. Or you can get NHL Premium for $2.99/month and $19.99/12 months. Now let’s take a brief look at the features of the NHL app:
Features of NHL App on Firestick
- Simple user interface with an NHL-centric theme.
- Push notifications for game start, goals, game end, and more.
- Watch NHL TV matches live in Full-HD (1080p) at a smooth 60 frames per second.
- DVR controls to pause and rewind your favorite moments.
- Stay updated with the latest news updates, schedules, standings, team scores, and more.
- Access to on-demand replays and in-game highlights.
- Ad-free experience with NHL Premium.
How to Watch NHL on Firestick?
The NHL app is officially available for Firestick on Amazon App Store. So there is no need to sideload it manually. However, some features of the NHL app is not available in the US. If you are a US resident, you can use a VPN to get access to the geo-restricted features of the NHL app. Now without undue delay, let’s guide you through the download and installation process to watch NHL on Firestick below.
- Turn on the Firestick device and wait until the FireTV home screen properly loads up. Make sure you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- You will see a couple of tabs above the home screen. Go up to the tabs section using your Firestick remote, move to the left and highlight the magnifying glass icon.
- Enter the “NHL App” in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard. A few search results will show up below. Choose the NHL app from the list of results.
- On the next page, select the NHL icon from the Apps & Games
- When you get to the download page, click Get or Download above the description to start downloading the NHL app. It may take a while to install.
- Once the installation finishes, click Open to launch the NHL app on Amazon firestick.
When you launch the app for the first time, you will be asked to either login to your existing account or create a new one with the NHL Premium subscription. After going through the login process, you’ll be able to watch your favorite NHL teams live and enjoy on-demand match highlights and goals.
Watch NHL on Firestick with Hulu Live TV
The NHL app is decent for watching sports-centric content, but not everyone watches ice hockey on TV all the time. That’s why streaming services like Hulu provides 60+ popular sports, news and entertainment channels in a single package. You can watch NHL with Hulu Live TV on Firestick. You can not only watch the NHL but also NBA, NFL, EPL, NCAA and more. VOD for special sports events is also accessible on Hulu Live TV. You also get 50 hours of Cloud DVR Storage (Upgradable to 200 hours with Enhanced Cloud DVR add-on) to record live NHL games and save it to watch later.
You can download Hulu from the Amazon App Store and try out the Premium free trial for a week and cancel anytime. It is $44.99/month after the trial ends.
Watch NHL on Firestick with PlayStation Vue
You can watch NHL on NBCSN, CNBC, and NBC with PlayStation Vue. It is one of the most popular streaming services available in the US. You get access to over 50+ sports, news, infographic, and entertainment channels in a relatively cheap monthly package. Unlike Hulu, Vue offers 28 days of unlimited Cloud DVR recording. And with the Sports Pack ($10/month) add-on, you can watch both regular and playoff games on-demand.
Playstation Vue is available on the Amazon App Store. You can apply for the 5-day free trial, then get the Access Pack ($49.99/month) for watching NHL on Firestick.
How to Watch Live NHL Games on Firestick (Free) – Unofficial
Apart from the official ways, there are many freeways that allow you to watch NHL games on your AMazon fire Tv for free. I have listed some methods below to watch NFL for Free
- Watch NFL using Mobdro App
- Watch NFL games Via Live NetTV App
- Watch Live NFL on Fire TV using Kodi Addons (cCloud, Sportsdevil)
In this article, we have provided a detailed guide to help you watch NHL on Firestick. You can follow the steps to download and install the NHL App on Fire TV Stick. The installation guide applies to all Amazon Fire TV devices including the original Fire TV, Firestick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.