History, formerly known as The History Channel is a European television channel that broadcasts programs related to historical events, myths and conspiracies, and modern nonhistorical content. It is owned by the A&E Television Networks and available to watch on all the major cable TV services. But if you have recently bought an Amazon Firestick to make your standard TV to a smart one, you can install the History app on it and watch your favorite History shows online on a big screen. To learn more, continue reading this article on how to watch History Channel on Firestick.
What is the History Channel?
As previously mentioned, History is a premium television channel from A&E Networks. They released the History channel app back in 2013 for Android and iOS, which is now available on all the major TV platforms for streaming content on TV. You will mostly find history-based content on the History app with a few popular nonhistorical TV shows.
You get access to almost all the broadcasted series and documentaries, which are neatly grouped season-wise. The app consists of a modern interface with readable texts and big icons, with easy navigation to different menus. The library is updated every day with new episodes and exclusive uncut of different series. The History app is free to download and you can watch your favorite history shows on Firestick. Let’s take a look at the feature list of the History channel app on Fire TV Stick below.
Features of History Channel on Firestick
- Watch full episodes of your favorite HISTORY series including Pawn Stars, Alone, American Restoration, Counting Cars, Mountain Men, Swamp People, American Pickers, Vikings and many more.
- You can stream your favorite shows up to 1080p Full HD quality with DTS audio.
- Receive recommendations based on your watch history, mark your shows as favorites, option to add episodes in a watchlist.
- Enhanced UI for easy navigation on Fire TV devices, with the option to search for series and documentaries on a particular topic.
- Subtitles available in multiple languages.
- Cast your favorite content via Chromecast or DLNA.
- You can ask Alexa to play shows from the History app. For example, hold the Alexa button and say, “Play the latest episode of Pawn Stars on History.”
How to Watch History Channel on Firestick?
The History channel app is officially available on the Amazon App Store. You don’t need to sideload the app manually on your Firestick. It just takes a couple of steps to download and install the History app on Fire TV from the Amazon App Store. To do it, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- First of all, make sure your Firestick is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network with internet access.
- You will find a group of tabs above the Fire TV home screen. Use the directional keys on your Firestick remote to move up to the tabs, and highlight the hand lens icon to the left.
- In the search bar, type “History app” with the digital keyboard. A few suggestions will appear below the search bar. Alternatively, you can search by holding the Alexa button.
- Choose History App from the list of suggestions. Again select the History app icon under the Apps & Games section.
- Once you make your way to the app download page, click Get or the Download button below the History app description. The app will be installed after the download finishes. Depending on your internet connection, it might take 2-3 minutes to download.
- Click Open to launch the History app once the installation is finished and watch History Channel on FireStick.
You can also launch the History app from Your Apps & Channels section on the Fire TV home screen. If you don’t find it under the section, scroll right to the absolute end of the app list and select See All to see all of your installed apps.
How to Watch History Channel Without Cable
You will need to sign in with your digital satellite cable TV provider in order to watch content on the History app. This renders the app useless if you are thinking to cut the cord and avoid the $100+ monthly bills.
However, you can watch the History channel live by getting a cheap IPTV package from popular IPTV services. You can also pay monthly for online live TV services such as FuboTV or Hulu Live to watch History shows and documentaries on-demand.
The History channel app is great for binge-watching both historical and nonhistorical shows and documentaries on your Firestick. In this article, we have talked about the History app and provided a detailed guide on how to watch the history channel on Firestick device.
The installation process is applicable to not only Firestick but also the original Fire TV and Fire TV Cube. In case you are facing issues, restart your Fire TV device, reconnect to your Wi-Fi connection and make sure your device firmware is up-to-date.