Turner Broadcasting System (TBS) is one of the largest subscription-based television networks in the US. They host more than 150+ channels in 34 different languages worldwide.
If your favorite TV shows are mostly broadcasted on TBS, then it doesn’t make any sense to pay for an expensive cable TV subscription which includes the channels that you don’t even watch. But now with the official TBS streaming app, you can get the cheapest monthly TV subscription to watch your favorite shows online anytime you want. The app is also available on the official Amazon App Store, so you can install TBS on amazon Firestick without any issues. To learn more about it, continue reading this article on how to watch TBS on Firestick.
What is TBS?
TBS is a subscription television network that gives users access to popular shows from channels like truTV, CNN, HBO, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Cinemax, TNT, Adult Swim and more.
With the TBS streaming app, you can stream content from various channels (TNT, TBS, truTV). Shows such as The Last OG, Those Who Can’t, The Detour, Good Behavior, Angie Tribeca, Search Party, I Am The Night, Miracle Workers are accessible from the app.
The app also has a section called the TBS originals, where you can watch shows like The Big Bang Theory, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Friends, Family Guy, Seinfeld and more. You can also watch live sports events from ELEAGUE, MLB and NCAA, top-rated blockbuster movies and exclusive live TV broadcastings.
You can expect a decent stream quality with no lags or frame drops. The app is simple and intuitive to use. It also has a consistent material design with big fonts and icons. Shows with multiple seasons are perfectly categorized and easily accessible. To know more about the installation process of TBS on Firestick, follow the guide below.
How to Watch TBS on Firestick & Fire TV
Installing the TBS app on Firestick devices is very easy. You don’t have to manually sideload it, as the app is officially available on the Amazon App Store. Here’s how to install TBS on Firestick under 2 minutes.
- On the FireTV home screen, move over to the search function. You will find it at the top-left corner of the tabs section above the home screen.
- Type “Watch TBS” with help of the on-screen keyboard. You will see various search results popping up in the search menu. Choose Watch TBS.
- Select the app from the Apps & Games section.
- In the app description page, click Download. The app will start to download and install on Firestick. It may take a minute or two.
- When it’s done, click Open to launch the app. You can also launch it from the Apps & Games section of the FireTV home screen. If you don’t find it in the list, click on See All at the end of the list.
Launching the app for the first time requires you to sign in with your cable TV provider. After that, you can enjoy live TV, favorite shows and movies with TBS on Firestick.
How to Watch TBS Without Cable?
The TBS app is great for watching various TV shows and live channels. However, you still need a cable TV subscription with TBS channels to sign up and watch online. This defeats the purpose of an online streaming platform. Though some streaming services can help you to cut your cable forever. You can choose between Fubo TV, YouTube TV, and Sling TV to watch live TBS channels on Firestick. Note that all of these apps are officially available on the Amazon App Store and can be downloaded similarly to the guide we have provided above.
TBS on FuboTV
FuboTV started as a sports-centric paid streaming service. But in the long run, they added popular entertainment, infographic and news channels too. You can watch all the channels from TBS at Full-HD (1080p) quality on FuboTV. You can also record up to 500 hours of your favorite TV shows using the Cloud DVR feature. There are three monthly packages to choose from:
- Fubo Standard ($54.99/month): 108+ channels, 30 hours DVR
- Fubo Family ($59.99/month): 108+ channels, 500 hours DVR
- Fubo Ultra ($74.99/month): 141 channels with 60 exclusives, on-demand content, 500 hours DVR
TBS on Youtube TV
Youtube TV offers more than 70+ channels including the ones from TBS. It has native Chromecast support, so you can cast content straight from your Android device to Firestick. The on-demand library gives you access to catch-ups, seasons from your favorite TBS shows. With Youtube DVR, you can also record shows from live channels without any storage restrictions and keep it for 9 months. You get all of this with only a single plan of $49.99/month.
Watch TBS on Sling TV
If you want to stream TBS content on a budget, Sling TV is recommended for you. It offers up to 60 channels with the TBS ones. VOD is also available here. Paying an extra $5/month will give you 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage. Check out the monthly packages below:
- Sling Orange ($25/month): 34 channels
- Sling Blue ($30/month): 49 channels
- Sling Orange+Blue($40/month): 56 channels
Note: All of them includes channels from TBS.
How to Activate TBS on Firestick
- Open TBS App on your firestick
- Now open a web browser on your mobile or desktop and type https://www.tbs.com/activate
- Select “Amazon Fire TV”
- Enter the verification code.
- Click on Submit. You have successfully activated (tbs.com/activate) the TBS app on your firestick
Q1: The TBS channel streams are buffering on Firestick. What Should I do?
Answer: It might be a problem related to the internet. Make sure you at least have 10mbps internet connection and your Firestick is connected via ethernet or a strong Wi-Fi network.
Q2: Can I watch TV shows from TBS for free?
Answer: Some IPTV services let you watch copyrighted content for free, but you may get a copyright infringement notice from your ISP.
In this article, we have demonstrated how to watch TBS on Firestick. The same guide also works for fire tv, firestick 4k and fire Tv cube. TBS is only available for the US so you need a VPN to watch TBS from outside of the US.