In this article, I will demonstrate how to Jailbreak Firestick in 3 simple steps. I will also share the best apps to use for jailbreak Fire TV Stick and firestick 4K in November 2019.
The Fire TV Stick provides access to various content providers, including Amazon Prime Video which can be signed by $ 7.90 per month for the first six months, seven days free. With thousands of applications available, you can access Netflix Content, Spotify, Vevo, TED, and BBC News. Fire TV Stick also gives you access to games like Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, Crossly Road, and Beach Buggy Racing.
But, today’s article is not about Firestick alone. Instead, we will know about the jailbreaking Firestick process for those who need more entertainment without following any rules or obstacles. So, let’s begin.
Is it Possible to Jailbreak Firestick?
If this is your particular question, then yes, you can jailbreak Firestick. Jailbreaking means performing the process of removing all restrictions imposed on the Firestick device. Jailbreaking lets you root system files so that they can be manipulated to allow you to install apps, themes, and extensions that are not supported by Firestick or unavailable for download from the Firestick store.
Why Jailbreak on Firestick?
The term jailbreaking refers to exceeding software requirements so that users can access some advanced features, even if the software does not allow it. They are avoiding the requirements by forcing the system to install applications that are not suitable for that version. Users often tend to use this to jailbreaking Firestick. But these following points must be taken into account before jumping into the process
- You need to download and install a third-party application software
- It can lead to violating the terms and conditions of the software.
The Fire TV Stick has a Quad-core ARM 1.3 GHz processor and 1GB of ram, making your browsing experience always fast and seamless, plus it has 8GB of storage so you can download apps and games. The device has Bluetooth 4.1 that allows you to connect a headset, speaker or even a video game controller that is compatible with it. It also has Wi-Fi 802.11ac and support for High-Efficiency Video-Codec (HEVC), ensuring excellent transmission with 1080p resolution. Another highlight of the Firestick is that it has an advanced surround sound system with Dolby Audio technology.
The Fire TV Stick easily connects to the HDMI input of your TV. Just plug the device into the TV, connect it to a power source, and then connect to a Wi-Fi network and start streaming in minutes.
How to Jailbreak a Firestick (2019)
Here I have a listed different working method to jailbreak firestick, These methods will also work for firestick 4k, fire tv, and fire tv cube. You don’t need to follow every method listed below, just choose one and you are good to go.
- Firestick Jailbreak With Downloader
- Jailbreaking Firestick With ES File Explorer
- Jailbreak Firestick With Filelinked
- Jailbreaking a Firestick with PC
- Jailbreak firestick 4k With Third-Party Apps
I have tested all the methods mentioned above and working like a charm. Here we are going to use the first two methods to hack firestick or jailbreaking a firestick.
3 Steps to Jailbreak Firestick via Downloader App – Method 1
There are many firestick jailbreak apps which offer firestick users to watch Live Tv channels, movies, and sports for free. Downloader allows firestick users to download and install any third-party apps from various internet sources into their amazon fire tv device. In this method, we are going to use the same to Jailbreak Fire TV Stick.
Step 1: Enable Allow Apps from Unknown sources
At first, you must start from the Firestick. There you will find the setting which you need to configure to allow the jailbreaking. By that, you are not manipulating or infiltrating the system, but opening the option to jailbreak from inside. It is a simple process. You need not be a hacker with the latest gadgets and tools, just Fire Stick, the remote and stable net connection.
- Open the settings from the Firestick menu (top right corner from home screen).
- There you will see MY Fire TV, click to open the menu.
- Almost like a smartphone, select and open the developer option.
- Simply click yes or Turn ON to accept applications to install from unknown sources
- Next, you should accept the option to make it work. That’s all, let’s move to the next step.
Step 2: Install Downloader on FireStick
There are various other options for firestick loading applications. But, the downloader is the most convenient and easy way to achieve the result. It is commonly used as the Firestick loading tool. It comes free and easily installed into the system. Download it from the Amazon App Store.
- After visiting the Firestick home screen, select “searching” option (right upper corner).
- Type the downloader while using the on-screen virtual keyboard.
- Next, you will download the application by clicking on the option “download” (in below search result in the screen)
- Now, start downloading the Downloader.
Step 3: Jailbreak Firestick with Kodi
After downloading the Downloader, it’s time to install Kodi. Installing Kodi allows you to watch your movies, shows, TV channels, sports, and content for favorite children and much more. Yes, you can transmit what you want. All you need is the correct Kodi Add-ons and Builds. So here we are going to install Kodi to jailbreak amazon firestick.
- The download application opens with the Start option on the pre-selected left side. There is a field to enter the URL. Click inside that field.
- Enter this URL to download the latest Kodi Apk – https://bit.ly/2XVJ8wx
- Wait for the Kodi application to be installed. It should not take more than a minute or two.
- Click On Install then Open Kodi on your firestick device.
- Now that you’ve unlocked your Fire TV Stick, it’s time for you to know how to get the most out of your device.
How to Jailbreak a Firestick with ES File Explorer – Method 2
Now we have come to the second method of firestick jailbreak by using ES File Explorer. Here, the “step 1” will remain the same, that is, ready your Firestick for jailbreaking process from the internal option. Once you register the Fire Stick with your Amazon account, the first thing you should do is prepare the device to accept applications that are not in the Amazon store. To do this you go to the Settings menu -> System–> Developer Options and activate all available options (ADB Debugging, USB Debugging, and Apps from Unknown Sources). The next step is to download an app called ES File Explorer that we will use to install Kodi.
Step 2: Download the ES File Explorer
Being the most wonderful file manager application, ES File Explorer stands second in our list after “Downloader”. This is a free tool and can be downloaded within a minute.
- From Firestick visit the search option which you can see in your home screen while using your remote (upper right side).
- Instead of anything else, you must search for the ES File Explorer. It will automatically come in the search box.
- As soon as you see the option, select the download option from the menu and click to download.
- Open the newly installed ES File Explorer and navigate to the Tools section.
- Select Download Manager and Click on +New button.
Step 3: Download Kodi to Jailbreak a Firestick
- Now in the path enter this Kodi apk download link – https://bit.ly/2XVJ8wx
- Name it “KODI” and click on Download Now.
- Now you will start downloading the Kodi APK file, and at the end press the Install button to begin your installation.
- At the end of the installation, open the Kodi app.
How to Use Kodi App on Firestick?
To set the Kodi application to the home screen of your Fire Stick, follow these steps:
- On the home screen of your Firestick, scroll down to “Your apps and games.”
- Now scroll left and select “See all.”
- Locate the Kodi application and press the button with 3 horizontal lines of your Firestick.
- Click “Move to front.”
- Return to the Firestick home screen. Once you open Kodi on your FireStick, you must install some Kodi add-ons.
How to Jailbreak Firestick 4K? (Tested – November 2019)
Many firestick users message me to write an article about How to Jailbreak a Firestick 4K device. Thank you guys for your messages and I have some latest update about Firestick 4k.
I have bought Firestick 4k and try the same methods listed above and I have successfully unlocked my firestick 4k. If you have 4k device and willing to jailbreaking then Go for the first two methods (with downloader & Firestick)
Conclusion: Is Jailbreaking a Firestick Legal?
Amazon Fire TV Stick has become one of the most popular streaming devices in the world. This is because the most important streaming platforms have their applications on this ingenious device. But that is not the only reason for the sudden increase in the popularity of Fire Stick. Many people buy it to be able to install Kodi and, although Kodi is not available through the official Amazon store. You can configure Kodi in a Fire Stick, through a side load of the application. This is what is called “Jailbreaking Firestick.”
From a judicial point of view, it’s Jailbreak for Firestick is completely legal. The authorities have never ruled on the Jailbreak. That is legal, does not mean that Firestick authority likes it. In terms, you accept when buying the Firestick device, the manufacturer indicates that Jailbreak a device voids the warranty. In any case, just by restoring the gadget the jailbreak disappears, so if you have technical problems, just restore it and take it to enforce the warranty. Here we came to end this article where we listed different methods about how to Jailbreak Firestick & Fire TV in 3 simple steps. Stay tuned with firestickapps.org for more firestick hacks and interesting articles. See you soon in the next post.